HomeBuilder Announcement - Federal Grants
HomeBuilder provides eligible owner-occupiers (including first home buyers) with a grant of $25,000 to build a new home or substantially renovate an existing home. HomeBuilder will assist the residential construction market by encouraging the commencement of new home builds and renovations.
You will be able to apply for HomeBuilder when the relevant State or Territory Government that you live in, or plan to live in, signs the National Partnership Agreement with the Commonwealth Government.
Information on when and how you will be able to apply will become available through the relevant State or Territory revenue office in due course.
- $25,000 grant for new home builds and renovations.
- Starts midnight tonight, 04.06.2020.
- Must be an Australia citizen aged 18 years + and must be an individual.
- Be earning an income less than $200 000 for couples and $125 000 for singles.
- Renovation spend must be between $150 000 and $750 000 and the home must be previously valued at less than $1.5 million.
- New home build must be worth less than $750 000.
- This is for all owner-occupiers, not just first home buyers.
- Grant can not be used for additions eg. Swimming pools, tennis courts, outdoor spas and saunas, sheds or garages.
- Grant will be offered for contracted entered into between 04.06.2020 and 31.12.2020. Construction must be contracted to begin within three months of the contract date.
- Scheme is uncapped.