Position Vacant - We're Hiring
TRAINER & ASSESSOR - SOUTHERN SUBURBS SYDNEY
As the confident and outgoing Training Facilitator you will be responsible for training and assessing Apprentices and Trainees across the Southern Shire of Sydney.
This rewarding and challenging position will see you working with autonomy and spending most of your time on the road travelling to field clients and stakeholders. You will be the face of ACFA training programs and contribute to the development of training resources and be joining a fantastic team of dedicated and passionate people. The role is expected to start ASAP.
Australian Cabinet and Furniture Association is a not-for-profit Registered Training Organisation based on the Central Coast and is the first choice association for furnishing, cabinetmaking and joinery industries. ACFA specialise in offering up to date practical information, high quality training, resources on market trends and innovations to help your business stay relevant in a competitive market.
With excellent communication and professional presentation, you will contribute to the continuous improvement in course curriculum and RTO processes. You will require a Certificate III in cabinet or furniture making, carpentry or associated building trades as well as be willing to undertake a Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment that will be completely funded by the organisation. Experience in the VET sector is highly desirable. A Working with Children Check, current driver's license and having a positive and energetic outlook are all must haves to be a successful ACFA Trainer and Assessor.
To be considered you will be required to demonstrate knowledge of the following:
- Working safely in a team and onsite (White Card)
- Reading and interpreting work documents
- Estimating and costing jobs
- Preparing cutting lists from plans and job specifications
- Applying manufactured board conversion techniques
- Producing manual and computer-aided production drawings
Couple with experience operating machines in a cabinet making factory such as but not limited to:
- Edge Banders
- Panel Saw
- Sawing Machines
- Drilling Machines (for example Blum mini press)
- Constructing jigs and fixtures
- Producing angled and curved furniture using manufactured board
- Installing kitchens onsite which incorporates check and measure fit of cabinets and meeting customer requirements
- Measuring and drawing site layout for manufactured furniture products
- Using furniture making sector hand and power tools
- Assembling furnishing components (making cabinetry AKA as knock up)
What you'll get
This permanent position offers a competitive salary package that can also be reviewed after training, excellent working conditions and a fun and flexible team culture. You will have a fully maintained company car, mobile phone and laptop provided as well as great career development opportunities and formal upskilling.
If this sounds like your next career, contact Liz at at Randstad on 02 4032 7358 for a confidential discussion about your career.
Randstad is passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and embracing diversity to the benefit of all and actively encourage applications from any background.