Queensland Restrictions Update
The following Local Government Areas (LGAs) in Queensland will enter stage 2 restrictions from 4pm AEST Thursday 30 September 2021 in response to a growing number of COVID-19 cases in the community:
- Gold Coast
- Logan City
- Moreton Bay
- Palm Island
- Townsville (including Magnetic Island)
Businesses and venues:
(including places of worship, convention centres, retail, dining, gyms, hairdressers, beauty and personal care services etc.)
Allowed to operate with the following restrictions:
- Indoor – 1 person per 4 square metres or 75% capacity with ticketed and allocated seating
- Smaller venues up to 200 square metres – 1 person per 2 square metres , up to a maximum of 50
- Outdoor – 1 person per 2 square metres
- Eating and drinking must be seated
- No dancing except at weddings.
Note: these face mask restrictions are already in place for Brisbane and Moreton Bay. Anyone who has been anywhere in Brisbane and Moreton Bay since 1am 19 September 2021 must follow these face mask requirements.
You must wear a face mask outdoors when you are unable to stay 1.5 metres away from people who are not from your household (including at public transport waiting areas or taxi ranks and in outdoor workplaces) unless:
- you are alone or with the members of your household
- you are alone in your car or with the members of your household
- you are eating or drinking
- you are participating in strenuous exercise
- it is unsafe to wear a mask.
You must wear a face mask at all times when you are indoors, including workplaces unless:
- you are alone in an office or meeting room with the door closed
- you are at your residence and there is no one else there except people you live with
- you are eating or drinking
- it is unsafe to wear a mask
Movement and gatherings
- Up to 30 people in homes (including those who live there) and public spaces.
- Weddings: Up to 100 people. Max. 20 people can dance.
- Funerals: Up to 100 people.
Stadiums and indoor and outdoor events
- 75% allocated seated and ticketed for stadiums
- Patrons must wear a mask at all times, including when seated.
- Patrons must be seated to eat and drink. Masks can be removed when eating or drinking.
- 75% allocated seated and ticketed capacity for indoor events and outdoor events or 1 per 4 square metres indoors and 1 person per 2 square metres outdoors.
Community sport: Can continue in full including training, competition and school sport, spectators in line with stadiums and indoor and outdoor event requirements.
Schools and childcare: Masks must be worn by teachers and staff, plus all students in high school regardless of their age.
There are some other exceptions to wearing face masks, including for children under 12 (unless they are in high school) and people with particular medical conditions or disabilities. If in doubt, wear a face mask.
Hospitals, residential aged care and disability accommodation services
Visiting restrictions will be in place for aged care facilities, disability services and hospitals in the impacted LGAs.