For all individual units commenced / attended / completed from within the qualification / Accredited course
Funding & Incentives
The Federal Government and each individual State Government have a range of incentives & funding available to workers undertaking apprenticeships & traineeships – These vary according to your specific situation, location and /or qualification.
For further details please refer to the links below
- Australian Government Incentives
- Your local AASN Australian Apprenticeship Support Network can provide further assistance in this area.
ACFA Fees & Refund Policy
Payment of all refunds, to students who are entitled to a refund, are in accordance with the following refund policy.
ACFA will strive to maintain its highly competitive fee structure, as well as its fair and equitable refund policy.
- Payment of all refunds is made within one week (seven days) of application for refund.
- With regard to all withdrawals, ACFA will firstly encourage a student to enrol on another course date, prior to processing refund applications.
- Written notification of withdrawal from a training program must be provided by a student to apply for a refund for a course. This may be via letter, email or the completion of the refund form.
- There is no refund applicable where a student has commenced their course/unit.
- There is no refund to participants who do not obtain their qualification after assessment.
- There is no refund for recognition of prior learning assessments after enrolment, where Recognition resources and services have been supplied to the student.
- ACFA does not accept liability for loss or damage suffered in the event of withdrawal from a course by a student.
- ACFA provides a full refund to all students, should there be a need for ACFA to cancel a course. In the first instance ACFA will (where possible) provide an opportunity for the student to attend another scheduled course.
- If ACFA cancels a course, students do not have to apply for a refund, ACFA will process the refunds automatically.
- Refunds for cancellation of enrolments in individual courses are granted on a sliding scale:
- Students have 21 days from invoice date to receive a full refund with no penalty. After the 21 days the following fees apply.
|Refund Type||Description||Notification Requirements||Non-refundable fee||Refund|
|Enrollment cancellation (Training NOT Commenced and prior to the withdrawal with no penalty date)||All individual unit NOT commenced/attended/completed from within the qualification/Accredited course.||In writing to ACFA within the "no penalty" date determined by ACFA||Full Refund||Full Refund|
|Course cancellation by ACFA||Cancellation of a course by ACFA (for any reason)||N/A||Full Refund||Full Refund|
|Withdrawal from course within the "Withdrawal with no penalty" day||Withdrawal from Training - for all individual units commenced /attended/completed from within the qualification/Accredited course.||In writing to ACFA within the "no penalty" date determined by ACFA||Full Refund||Full Refund|
|Withdrawal from Course beyond the "Withdrawal with no penalty" day||Withdrawal from Training - for all individual units commenced /attended/completed from within the qualification/Accredited course.||In writing to ACFA within the "no penalty" date determined by ACFA||$150 administration and processing fee||- No refund, In some cases upon the discretion of the Management, the Calculated Refund less the administration and processing fee|
|Partial||Where recognition of prior learning and/or credit transfer has been granted after enrollment||N/A||$150 administration and processing fee||- As per provider calculator (for Smart and Skilled training)|
|Withdrawal - "not on their own accord"||Where training ceased due to RTO closure or termination of funding contract||N/A||$150 administration and processing fee||Full refund less administration fee or referral to a different service provider|
- Refunds for cancellation of enrollments in full qualifications are subject to the following refund formula.
|Fee Type||Description||Fee $$|
|Enrollment cancellation fee||RTO administrative processes for processing of enrollment, reporting and other administrative actions related to cancellation||$150.00 per qualification|
|Unit Fee - Commenced||For all individual units commenced / attended / completed from within the qualification / Accredited course||Full Unit fee payable by the student, Nil Refund|
|Unit Fee - Not Commenced||For all individual units NOT commenced / attended / completed from within the qualification / Accredited course||Full Unit fee paid by the student is Refunded|
Student Resource Fee
Student resources will be available through ACFA online Learn Centre.
Students will be provided with an individual logon and will be able to access their student Learner Resources and Assessment Workbooks on-line at any time.
This new online learning environment will also allow students to submit their Assessment Workbooks and Portfolios / Projects on completion ready for assessment by their ACFA Assessor.
DEFAULT OPTION: Online Resources – Free of charge
Students will automatically receive Online Resources unless Printed / Mailed Resources has been selected below.
Upon confirmation of enrollment, students will be able to access both Learner Resources and Assessment Workbooks via ACFA Learn Centre using their individual login details.
ALTERNATE OPTION: Printed / Mailed Resources – $200 per year
Printed Resources will be sent to students prior to assessment visits. If students wish to utilise this option a Resource Fee will be administered per year to cover the cost of delivery charges.
**Prior to commencing enrollment for the year, students will be asked to nominate their preferred options.
ACFA may issue a refund (Less administration charge) if:
- If you provide ACFA with written notification that you wish to withdraw from training before the Induction / Training Commencement, less the Administration Fee.
- When Student is unable to attend due to extended hospitalisation/ prolonged illness (more than 6weeks) / pregnancy / childbirth. (Medical certificate may be required).
- You made a full-year payment and withdrew with no attendance or participation in training in Semester Two. You may be eligible for a refund of the Semester 2, dependant on the amount of training undertaken during Semester 1 (Fee for Service Students).
- You enrolled in a course that has been cancelled by ACFA
ACFA will NOT issue a refund if:
- There are changes to work hours
- Moving interstate
- Job change or retrenchment
- Student who leave before full course completion
How to apply for a Refund:
- You will be required to complete a “ACFA Withdrawal from Training Form”.
- On approval of application, the reimbursement procedure may take up to 28 days.
- This will also incur a “Refund Administration Fee” to cover administration costs.
Training General Information & Forms:
2018 ENROLMENT & ADMINISTRATON FEES
- Fees are due at the commencement of each semester.
- Fees below are current for 2018 only
- Please note ACFA charge a semester fee to ensure we do not exceed the $1500 yearly threshold for student enrollment fees.
MSF31113 Certificate III in Cabinet Making
Enrollment Fee - $1000 (Minimum Course Total is $2200)
Gap Training - Any Additional Units will be charged at $175 each. maximum course fee - $3500*
*refer to notes
Kitchen Bathroom Laundry Renovators Upgrade
Enrollment Fee - $350 plus cost per unit at $175 Each (6 units $1400)
Refer to notes*
Enrollment Fee - $250
Cost per unit - $175
Fee for Services Training
Student Resource Fee (Printed)
Student Resource Fee (On-Line)
$200 (per year)
$0 (per year)
**The fees listed are current for 2018 and will be reviewed in December 2018. Fees are subject to change according to relevant government funding contracts.
Enrolment Fees are due at the commencement of each semester.
Recommencement Fee (Suspended Training) $100
Administration Fee (Refund & Cancellation) $100
Re-Issue Certificate / SOA $55
Student fees will increase if you are assessed as 'not yet competent' by Recognition of Prior Learning in any of the units of competency and are required to undertake training and assessment. The maximum fee for a full course is capped at $3500.
If you are a ACFA Member you are entitled to a 15% discount on your RPL cost. State your member number during your enquiries and our Admission Staff will ensure to apply the discount.
Existing Student Discount
For existing ACFA students who enrol in KBLR upgrade within 60 days of completing your apprenticeship training, ACFA will provide you with a 50% discount on your KBLR Enrolment fee.
RTO Code 90432