NSW Fees & Funding
(For all individual units commenced / attended / completed from within the qualification / Accredited course)
FUNDING & INCENTIVES
The Federal Government and each individual State Government have a range of incentives & funding available to workers undertaking apprenticeships & traineeships – These vary according to your specific situation, location and /or qualification.
FOR FURTHER DETAILS PLEASE REFER TO THE LINKS BELOW
- Australian Government Incentives
- Check if you are Eligible here
- Your local AASN Australian Apprenticeship Support Network can provide further assistance
FEE FREE APPRENTICESHIPS STRATEGY
The NSW Government is investing an additional $285 million to fund the qualification fees for 100,000 new apprentices; making training fee free for NSW apprentices commencing on or after 1 July 2018 to 30 June 2022
NSW apprentices, who are funded under Smart and Skilled and NSW apprentices funded through the Cross Border Contract, and who commence subsidised training on or after 1 July 2018 are eligible. This includes:
- Apprentices who commence subsidised training for the first time on or after 1 July 2018; and
- Apprentices whose apprenticeship is cancelled and subsequently recommence an apprenticeship in the same vocation with a different employer, and recommence subsidised training on or after 1 July 2018
- Apprentices whose apprenticeship is cancelled and subsequently commence a new apprenticeship in a new vocation with a same/different employer, and commence in subsidised training on or after 1 July 2018
- An apprentice who has completed an apprenticeship and is undertaking a subsequent apprenticeship and is commencing the subsidised training in the subsequent apprenticeship on or after 1 July 2018
For 2 and 3 above, this means that the apprentice will be awarded Credit Transfer (CT) and/or Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) (where relevant).
Specific apprentice exclusions from eligibility
A NSW apprentice who commenced subsidised training prior to 1 July 2018 and subsequently, on or after 1 July 2018 recommences their subsidised training:
- with the same provider, and is employed by the same employer and in the same vocation, or;
- changes provider and remains party to a training contract with the same employer and in the same vocation,
is not eligible for fee free training.
RTO Code: 90432