builder REGISTRATION MENTORING PROGRAM
In a positive move for our VIC members and industry, for those needing to obtain their Builder Registration with the Victorian Building Authority (VBA).
Under the Building Act 1993 building practitioners in VIC are required to be registered with the VBA to sign contracts for works over $10,000.
Our Mentoring Program has been developed to assist businesses to navigate the complex process for gaining registration.
The Mentoring Program provides up to six hours of personalised mentoring. Interactions will be tailored for each business and may include but are not limited to:
- phone discussions
- email correspondence
- other online communications methods like web based video meeting platforms
- safe distance face-to-face interactions - if preferred
Included in the program fee is material/documentation and study summaries, all designed to guide you through the process.
- $1200 including GST for the first person
- $750 including GST for each person thereafter
*Companies must be a financial member of ACFA while undertaking the program. Standard Membership year runs financial year 1 July through to 30 June annually
- $2099 including GST for the first person
- $1400 including GSR for each person thereafter
Click the following link to download the Mentoring Program flyer.
Disclaimer: ACFA agrees to provide you the mentoring service using reasonable care and skill but does not warrant and cannot guarantee a successful outcome.
PENALTIES & NON-COMPLIANCE
- One penalty unit is currently $181.74 from 1 July 2021 to 30 June 2022.
- The rate for penalty units is indexed each financial year so that it is raised in line with inflation. Any change to the value of a penalty unit will happen on 1 July each year.
- Deposit exceeds prescribed amount (10% for less than $20,000, 5% for over $20,000)= 100 Penalty units (section 11) $18,174
- Costs plus costs contract = 100 Penalty Units (section 13) $18,174
- Costs escalation clause = 100 Penalty Units (Section 15) $18,174
- seek more than the contract price = 100 Penalty Units (Section 16) $18,174
- Prime cost and provisional sums = 35/50 Penalty Units (Section 21/22) $6,360.90 / $9,087
- Copy of Contract = 20 Penalty Units, Default penalty: 1 penalty unit for each day (Section 25) $3,634.80
- Person must not enter into contract unless registered = 500 Penalty Units & 2500 Penalty Units (for a body corporate) (Section 29) $90, 870 & $454,350
- Contract Information Statement = 60 Penalty Units (Section 29A) $10,904.40
- Complying contract = 50 Penalty Units (Section 31) $9,087
- Delay allowance = 50 Penalty Units (Section 32) $9,087
- Warning for price variation = 50 Penalty Units (Section 33) $9,087
- Provide copy of other documents = 20 Penalty Units, Default penalty: 1 penalty unit for each day (Section 36) $3,634.80
- Progress payments = 50 Penalty Units (Section 40) $9,087
- No insurance = 500 Penalty Units & 2500 Penalty Units (for a body corporate) (Section 136 of the Building Act) $90, 870 & $454,350
NB: Above information is correct as at 17 November 2021 and is subject to change without notice.